MOVEMENT MEDICINE APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
WITH DAVID MOONEY AND YASIA LEISERACH
BEGINS JANUARY 2021
Module 1: January 21st -31st Jan 2021
Module 2: May 15th - 25th 2021
Module 3: September 24th - October 3rd 2021
Module 4: January 14th - 23rd 2022
The Apprenticeship program includes time to work with your teachers individually, plus support from other members of our team, to distill where you are right now on your path, and what feels most resonant in terms of next steps towards an emerging vision for your life.
ABOUT DAVID’S PARTNER AND CO-FACILITATOR, YASIA LEISERACH, ON THE APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
BEGINNING JANUARY 2021
Yasia is a Movement Medicine Teacher and School of Movement Medicine Faculty member as well as a Somatic Voicework and Chant leader.
She uses the mediums of movement and voice to support and empower individuals and groups. Her passion is to empower others to find their voice - the instinctive and intuitive voice as well as the literal.
She leads Somatic voice work, movement and singing circles in Ireland, throughout Europe and in Asia.
Yasia has trained extensively with voice and dance, apprenticing with pioneering teachers such as; Susannah and Ya'Acov Darling Khan and The School of Movement Medicine, Nikki Slade and Free The Inner Voice, Adrienne Thomas at ‘The Voice Project’ and is currently on the Faculty of The School of Movement Medicine.
She has been developing Somatic Voicework and movement groups for the last 15 years, her movement and voice training spans over the last 20 years. Yasia has also worked extensively with children and teens. More recently with adults in addiction recovery, mental health issues and currently runs a voicework practise for adults, alongside her group work.
Yasia lives in Ireland with her husband David Mooney who is a pioneer of drug and alcohol free events in Ireland and a Faculty teacher of The School of Movement Medicine
TESTIMONIAL FROM FOUNDERS OF MOVEMENT MEDICINE:
Ya’ACOV AND SUSANNAH DARLING KHAN ABOUT DAVID AND YASIA
THIS PROGRAMME IS FOR PARTICIPANTS WHO:
- want to integrate the practice, philosophy and application of Movement Medicine as
‘medicine for our times’
- want to make a difference in the world and walk their talk in all areas of life
have the intention to embody who they are in all aspects of their lives
- want to work in an atmosphere of support, challenge and kindness to self and
- have a sense of humour about themselves and yet are serious about what they - -
- want to create in this life
- want to train to use the principles and practices of Movement Medicine in their work
- want to join the community of Movement Medicine Practitioners.
AFTER COMPLETING THE APPRENTICESHIP YOU WILL BE FREE TO:
- continue onto the two-module Professional Training with Ya'Acov and Susannah
(next one beginning in 2022)
- continue as a practitioner within the Apprenticeship community by repeating any
module or attending any further electives (with a 50 per cent reduction in tuition) - -
- whenever you wish to, as well as attending the annual Winter Dream Dance
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT DAVID HERE: