David is a teacher of Movement Medicine Conscious Dance and Mindful Movement Practice. He is on the Faculty of the School of Movement Medicine. He has been teaching for 8 years and has been dancing various forms of conscious dance practices for the past 12 years.
He is also a fully qualified and practicing psychotherapist, professional mentor and supervisor. He has a passion for shamanic and therapeutic pathways. He follows the Lakota Red Path. David has also trained with Joanna Macy and is deeply curious about how we can come back into balance with all life on earth.
- Movement Medicine is a mindful movement and conscious dance practice.
- It's a dance practice with no steps to learn or pressure of performance, instead there is support to find your own dance.
- It's a safe way to connect with yourself and others in the dance.
- The dance offers a creative way to de-stress, unwind and release tension.
- There is a friendly, non-judgmental welcoming atmosphere, no matter what your age, background, dance experience, culture, appearance or experience. You have permission to be a beginner and give it a go.
- You'll find the space to express yourself and freedom and permission to dance free!
- A supportive space to create a healthier connection with body, heart and mind.
- It offers a friendly, non-judgmental welcoming atmosphere, no matter what your age, background, dance experience, culture, appearance or experience. You have permission to be a beginner and give it a go.
- Whatever your condition – emotional, mental, physical, spiritual – there is a place for you in the dance.
- If you can move you can dance, in other words there is no wrong way to dance and everyone can dance
Movement Medicine is a body based movement meditation practice that will connect you to the wisdom of living from the heart, the joy of knowing who you are and the satisfaction of making your unique contribution of life.
David offers Movement Medicine workshops throughout Ireland and Europe and is a school of Movement Medicine faculty teacher.